Grange Park

Grange Park FAQs

Grange Park - Staffordshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre



As of 1st April 2018  Staffordshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC services) will change provider and will no longer be provided by Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership Trust.   

If you want to access the service with police support please report the assault by telephoning 101. 

If you are an adult and want to attend SARC without the police, please call the 24 hour self-referral number on 0800 970 0372



What services are available?

Grange Park is a centre providing services to men, women and children living in the Staffordshire area, who have been raped or sexually assaulted.  At Grange Park you can access a range of services that are free and confidential. 

  Click here to hide page

Our services include:

  • Crisis Worker support  - The crisis worker is your named worker who will support you from when you arrive at the SARC until you leave.
  • Forensic Medical Examination – This medical collects evidence when you have been raped or sexually assaulted.  This medical also makes sure that your emotional health and well-being is discussed and any other needs are addressed to ensure you are safe and well.
  • Access to Emergency Contraception – The centre can provide a range of emergency contraception to prevent unplanned pregnancy.
  • Sexual Health Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections – an aftercare form will be completed with you to try and address any risk of sexually transmitted infection.  Treatment will be provided to you if needed.
  • Referrals to agencies for support with counselling – when you leave Grange Park as part of your aftercare services will be contacted with your agreement in order that there is ongoing care and support to help you in your recovery.


Is the service confidential?

Yes, however there may be times when other agencies need to be informed e.g. if you, another adult or child are at risk of harm.


Police Involvement

It is your choice whether or not to involve the Police.  If you wish to make a report contact the police on 101 or 999.  If you do not feel safe please dial 999 immediately.



If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted it is important that you get the help you need.  You can pick up the phone and speak to a member of our team at Grange Park.   If you don't want to or are unsure whether you want to report an assault to Police, the team can see you without police involvement and book you an appointment as a self-referral.  You can access this service by contacting Grange Park direct.  Always ring the team at Grange Park first to talk through your options and arrange an appointment.  You must be over 16 to self-refer to this service. 


Who can access the service?

Grange Park is available to anyone living in the Staffordshire area.


What are the opening hours?

The centre can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, however self-referral appointments take place between the hours of 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.


Grange Park
Cobridge Community Health Centre

Church Terrace

frequently asked questions



We will not tell anyone, including partners, parents, teachers, friends, family or doctors that you came to see us unless you ask us to. Anything you say to us will be treated with respect. There are times when confidentiality may need to be broken so that we can protect you under the law. However, we will ALWAYS try and discuss this with you first. For example, if you tell us, or we think you are at risk of danger or harm to yourself and/or others, we will contact the relevant agencies.

Want to delete your browsing history after visiting this page? Find out how to delete your browsing history here. 

Services Search